Albania has a strong and vibrant manufacturing sector, which is driven by highly successful enterprises in the textile and footwear industry. Having this great experience and skilled labor force, Albania offers a great potential to diversify its own economy by passing from the textile and footwear industry to the automotive industry.
KEY FACTS ON THE MANUFACTURING SECTOR
- The sector represents about 5.7% of GDP while accounting for about 10.9% total employment.
- From 2017 to 2019, exports in manufacturing increased by 4.5 %;
- 3.5% increase in imports of machineries and equipment in these years;
- Cost-competitive Inward Processing industry primarily driven by the garment and high-quality leather footwear production;
- Significant expertise accumulated over the last 20 years;
- Partnerships with the most popular companies and retailers across Europe;
- The main markets are Italy, Germany, Greece, France and the Netherlands.
Key Manufacturing Segments To Develop Businesses