Albania has a strong and vibrant manufacturing sector, which is driven by highly successful enterprises in the textile and footwear industry. Having this great experience and skilled labor force, Albania offers a great potential to diversify its own economy by passing from the textile and footwear industry to the automotive industry.
KEY FACTS ON THE MANUFACTURING SECTOR
- Continuous growth of exports of the sector over the last years;
- Exports of machinery, equipment and spare parts increased by 7.2% from 2019 to 2020 and an increase of 24.4% over the two-year period;
- Cost-competitive Inward Processing industry primarily driven by the garment and high-quality leather footwear production;
- Significant expertise accumulated over the last 20 years;
- Partnerships with the most popular companies and retailers across Europe;
- The main markets are Italy, Germany, Greece, France and the Netherlands.
Key Manufacturing Segments To Develop Businesses